Why research? Research when, and how? Research what?
- Research can potentially elicit reflection and transformation that, in our case, fosters the interaction between theory and practice, allowing us to break away from routine practice and to map answers to questions that open up new avenues.
In Brazil, public education still faces serious challenges: ensuring the continuity of students’ schooling and learning; reducing inequalities in schools and the school systems; valuing teachers and providing them with good working conditions; engaging families and communities in education; enhancing service to the people; integrating activities of schools, civil society organizations and other opportunities in the territory, aiming at the full development of people.
- Finding solutions to these problems will envolve various sorts of efforts. These include a sensitive diagnostic approach that can be implemented to promote more accurate perceptions of reality, thus providing the basis for designing and improving public policies and social projects to make them more effective.
Our Research program aims to conduct and support research which:
- Provides inputs for the development of Itaú Social’s own projects;
- Provides society with relevant information for the support of inititiatives by government and other players aimed at improving education in Brazil.
The program invests in applied research that seeks to test solutions to challenges facing public education in Brazil.
See the latest research conducted by Itaú Social and its partners (some studies are available only in Portuguese):
- Every Hour Counts: full report;
- Education Policy Outlook 2021: International policies and National and subnational policies;
- Remote Education in the Perspective of Students and their Families: wave 1, wave 2, wave 3, wave 4, wave 5, wave 6;
- Portraits of education in the context of the coronavirus pandemic: 1st edition and 2nd edition;
- Undime Survey on Back to School: full report;
- Studies and evidence on potentials and limits of the use of digital books for children: full report;
- Social mobilization for education – an analysis of the literature: full report;
- Arts and Sports Research – Relationship with full human development: full report;
- Public consortiums: management strategies and mechanisms for the continuity of public policies: abridged version and full report;
- Study on Corporate Volunteering in the World: Portuguese version, English version and Spanish version;
- Overview of Civil Society Organizations Operating in the Social and Educational Realms: abridged version and and full report;
- National Survey on Black Youth organizations: abridged version, full report and special content;
- Research on Networked Activity of Civil Society Organizations: abridged version e full report;
- Research on the Family-School Relationship:
Other studies are available in full versions in the Publications area at this website (available only in the Portuguese version).