We recognize increased learning time, space and content, in schools and elsewhere, as a way to promote the full development of children and adolescents. How can we leverage the knowledge from schools, families, communities and cities to foster a wider view of education?
- We believe that the recognition of good educational practices implemented by the civil society organizations and public schools is a way to replicate these initiatives aimed at integrated development. And that it is necessary to also contribute to the continuity of this important social role through the institutional strengthening of these organizations.
Socioeconomic inequalities in the country are hurdles to the development of children and adolescents.
- Promoting the comprehensive education of children, adolescents and youth also means reducing social inequalities as this broadens their repertoires and horizons. Accordingly, the Itaú Social Unicef Program seeks not only to improve the quality of education, but also to promote equity.
The Itaú Social Unicef Program aims to support civil society organizations in the upgrading of their practices and the enlargement of their quality results, through training, financial encouragement and technical monitoring.
The program thus contributes to guaranteeing the comprehensive development of children and adolescents, as well as the institutional strengthening of the organization.
For further information on the editions of the Itaú Social Unicef Program, see: programaitausocialunicef.org.br
- Canal Futura;
- Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas em Educação, Cultura e Ação Comunitária (Cenpec);
- Colegiado Nacional de Gestores Municipais de Assistência Social (Congemas);
- Fundo das Nações Unidas para a Infância (Unicef);
- Todos Pela Educação;
- União Nacional dos Dirigentes Municipais de Educação (Undime).