Strengthening of Civil Society
Networks of Educational Territories
Brazil is one of the largest global economies, but ranks 79th among the 188 countries evaluated by the Human Development Index (United Nations, 2016). Although social indicators have improved significantly since the 1990s, high levels of inequality persist in Brazilian society. Children and adolescents are hit hardest by this situation.
- We believe in joint efforts made by the State and organized civil society, in networking and partnership as alternatives aimed at reversing this landscape.
Different social groups must strive to enforce the rights of children and adolescents: schools, civil society organizations, cultural equipment, healthcare institutions and social services. These initiatives are often effective, but insufficently integrated in the same municipality. Therefore, the effects of their initiatives can be dampened. How can we coordinate different kinds of knowledge and join efforts toward a common goal?
- We believe in strengthening civil society, seeking to integrate their good practices as a way of achieving the full development of children and adolescents.
The Networks of Educational Territories program aims to create bonds of trust and partnership among civil society organizations.
- By promoting networking and fostering integrated and articulated initiatives among various organizations, the program can help to broaden the possibilities of collaboration, learning and mutual gains.
The Networks of Educational Territories program provides civil society organizations (OSCs) with assistance in designing and implementing comprehensive education strategies. OSCs are encouraged to work in interconnection, establishing networks of educational territories to increase the supply of initiatives that enhance student learning opportunities, especially for the socially-vulnerable ones.
- OSC and Public School – A partnership that transforms;
- Trajectories of Expanded Learning in Search of Quality and Equity;
- Trends toward Expanded Learning;
- Education Territories: How to Learn in the City? (2018);
- Education Territories for Expanded Learning (2014).
- Centro Integrado de Estudos e Programas de Desenvolvimento Sustentável (Cieds);
- Rede de Territórios Educativos de Aquiraz (CE);
- Rede de Territórios Educativos de Cuiabá (MT);
- Rede de Territórios Educativos de Várzea Grande (MT);
- Rede de Educação Integral São Luís (MA).