Hub of Educational Development
Strengthening of civil society organizations
Training of the teaching staff
Networks Of Educational Territories
Brazil is one of the largest global economies, but ranks 79th among the 188 countries evaluated by the Human Development Index (United Nations, 2016). Although social indicators have improved significantly since the 1990s, high levels of inequality persist in the Brazilian society. Children and adolescents are hit harder by this situation than other age groups.
- We believe in joint efforts made by the State and the organized civil society, in networking and partnership as alternatives aimed at reversing this landscape.
Different social groups must strive to enforce the rights of children and adolescents: schools, civil society organizations, cultural equipment, healthcare institutions and social services. These initiatives are often effective, but little integrated in the same municipality. Therefore, the effects of their initiatives can be dampened. How can we coordinate different kinds of knowledge and join efforts toward a common goal?
- We believe in strengthening the civil society to integrate their good practices as a way of achieving the full development of children and adolescents.
The Redes de Territórios Educativos program is intended to create bonds of trust and partnership among civil society organizations.
- Promoting networking and integrated and articulated initiatives by different organizations can broaden the possibilities of collaboration, learning and mutual gains.
The Redes de Territórios Educativos program provides civil society organizations (OSCs) with assistance in designing and implementing comprehensive education strategies. OSCs are encouraged to work in an articulated way, thus establishing networks of educational territories to increase the supply of initiatives aimed at enhancing student learning opportunities, especially for the socially-vulnerable ones.
- OSC e Escola Pública – Uma parceria que transforma [OSC and Public School – A partnership that transforms];
- Percursos da educação integral em busca da qualidade e da equidade [Trajectories of expanded learning in search of quality and equity];
- Tendências para a Educação Integral [Trends toward Expanded Learning];
- Territórios Educativos: como aprender na cidade? [Education Territories: how to learn in the city?] (2018);
- Territórios Educativos para Educação Integral (2014) [Education Territories for Expanded Learning].
Centro Integrado de Estudos e Programas de Desenvolvimento Sustentável (Cieds).