Hub of Educational Development
Strengthening of civil society organizations
We recognize increased learning time, space and content, in schools and elsewhere, as a way to promote the full development of children and adolescents. How can we put together the knowledge from schools, families, communities and cities to foster a wider view of education?
- We believe that the recognition of good educational practices implemented by the civil society organizations and public schools is a way to replicate these initiatives.
Socioeconomic inequalities in the country are hurdles to the development of children and adolescents.
- Promoting the comprehensive education of children, adolescents and youth also means reducing social inequalities as this broadens their repertoires and horizons. Accordingly, the Itaú-Unicef Award seeks not only to raise the quality of education, but also to promote equity.
The Itaú-Unicef Award aims at identifying, encouraging and giving visibility to projects conducted by the civil society organizations (OSCs) that contribute to ensure the comprehensive development of children, adolescents and youth in situations of social vulnerability.
Further information on the editions of the Itaú-Unicef Award at premioitauunicef.org.br
- Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas em Educação, Cultura e Ação Comunitária (Cenpec);
- Canal Futura;
- National Body of Municipal Social-Service Managers (Congemas);
- União Nacional dos Dirigentes Municipais de Educação (Undime);
- United Nations Children’s Fund (Unicef).