Education professionals training
Strengthening of Civil Society
Why to research? When and how to research? What to research?
- Research can potentially elicit reflection and transformation that, in our case, fosters the interaction between theory and practice, leading to ruptures with common sense and mapping answers to questions that open up new avenues.
In Brazil, public education still faces serious challenges: ensuring the students' schooling continuity and learning; reducing inequalities in schools and the school systems; valuing teachers and providing them with good working conditions; engaging families and communities in education; enhancing service to the people; integrating activities of schools, civil society organizations and other opportunities on the territory aiming at the full development of people.
- Different kinds of endeavors are required to find solutions that help solve these problems. Among them, a sensitive diagnostic approach can be implemented to promote more accurate perceptions of reality, thus providing the basis for designing and improving public policies and social projects to make them more effective.
Our Research program aims at conducting and supporting research that:
- provides inputs for the development of Itaú Social's own projects;
- makes available to the society relevant information that support public administration's and other players’ initiatives aimed to improve education in Brazil.
The program invests in applied research that seeks to test solutions to challenges facing public education in Brazil.
See the latest researches conducted by Itaú Social and its partners:
- Relação Família-Escola - Estudos de Casos de Rede [Family-School Relationship – Case Studies of the Network]: abridged version and full report
- Estudo sobre Voluntariado Corporativo Empresarial no Mundo [Study on Corporate Volunteering in the World]: Portuguese version and Spanish version
- Pesquisa Nacional sobre Organizações de Juventudes Negras [National Survey on Black Youth Organizations]: abridged version, full report and special content
Other researches are available in full versions at the Publications area at this website (available only in Portuguese).